Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ...
Its about learning to dance in the rain!!!
There are many things in life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart... Pursue those

This is my small effort to make you smile for a while...






Monday, June 9, 2008

Subbu, The Enthusiasm…


I consider life is the best teacher and it has lots to teach us, every moment, every incident and every day in our life is learning. Those who learn it they pass through it and those who refuse will not have any take away.

This little incident, which I am about to share with you all is about my new friend Subbu. Every morning at 7:55 I need to board my company cab and so I have to wait for that cab in front of an apartment stop where many employees wait for their respective company cabs. In this wait there was always a guy of age 30-35, short and stout who comes from the apartment, cross the road and take an auto. From his house his mom drops till the security gate and from there a security guard used to help him cross the road and take an auto. Yes u imagined right, this guy is blind in both of his eyes.

One day it so happened that, Security Guard had to open the gates for some senior person in the apartment. So he was panicking to wat he has to do either to help subbu or to salute the big tie. Observing his dilemma I asked him whether I can help this guy to cross the road. Thus from that day my friendship started with this guy.

Though blind, this guy speaks perfect English and dresses very well. The manners he had was just mesmerizing. I held his hand and said I will help him cross the road and with in the journey of 2 min he introduced himself and he asked about me and got into his regular auto and wished me bye and left for the day. This was our first day of friendship…

After that day everyday I go early to stop and meet subbu, help him cross road and we have made a point to talk for 5 min every day before he leaves for his work. Now its every day a routine to meet Subbu and smile at him and to hold his soft hand. As soon as I hold his hand he says ‘Hi Ramyaaaa’ with a huge smile flashing to someone else. But this one smile of Subbu makes my day worth while, he someday asks me how he looks today in his new shirt. And its my daily habbit now to say him that he looks good in pink shirt, blue shirt, red shirt and so.

Like this Subbu has the never ending enthusiasm in him. Seeing him I realized we should be proud of wat we have rather than cribbing for wat we don’t have. A Front office executive Subbu taught me the value of hopes and enthusiasm.

1 comments:

Arun Yadwad said...

Wonderful writing Ramya! very true to life articles! keep up the good work.

Thanks for visiting my blog!

-Arun Yadwad (arun.yadwad@gmail.com)