Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ...
Its about learning to dance in the rain!!!
There are many things in life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart... Pursue those

This is my small effort to make you smile for a while...






Wednesday, June 18, 2008

TV Remote… The Big war…

TV Remote is supposed to be designed for comfort, but I still wonder is it for comfort or to create wars in our homes!!! May be this is the smallest device which creates war easily amongst the family members and most famous issue to fight for amongst siblings.

A typical week day, my entry to home happens only after 7:30 PM after a day full work at office. As soon as I open the gate, there are three possibilities of TV sounds that I listen to. If it’s a female sobbing or some male and female conversation of taking revenge on somebody there I guess it must be my sweet mom feeling very sad for somebody’s grief which is not even true. There is all possibility of somebody shouting because of bad road condition in Bangalore, Some interview of well learned Professor or Artist, A female reading the topics well organized in the same tone which is followed from years, Or some male shouting upon a very sad Crime report with weeping and harrowing sounds and asking for justice and lot of Political issues discussion, If this is the case it is our dearest Big Boss and my best friend from past 25yrs, my appa who is decently sitting in the corner sofa and is very much into TV. The last types of sounds that stylishly come from my home are either one of the following. Some hindi movie songs, MTV Roadies shouting in vulgar language which is usually muted with censor board patented tone, Or some super VJs giving breaking news of famous stars break up and make tips. Then it’s the most popular and respected member of my family my sister who is doing her manicure and watching the TV.

So Ideally I will guess with the TV sound that who is dominating the Remote for the day. With this guessing I will also have to calculate the complexity of me getting the remote.
If its my mom obviously it is the easiest catch, as soon as I order a double strong coffee mom is promptly off to kitchen to server her dearest daughter and by the time she comes back there would be no more Sobbing females and revenge discussion it will be only Interior design decorations going on.

Consider the case of My dearest Dr. MB sir(wondering who is this??? This is my Professor dad) sitting in his regular corner sofa then it is intermediate complex condition.
All I have to do is start discussing some office stuff or I should completely divert his concentration saying there was a handsome guy in office today, this one thing suddenly alarms my dad and gets into serious discussion of my marriage and he is off to discuss this with mom and then Remote is mine.

Next is the most complex situation when my little doll is in front of the TV box. There is no chance of making reason or consoling her to change the channels. The only possibility is me sitting with her and watching the so called Bollywood Breaking news and MTV Roadies “Pravachana” (holy words!!! For those who don’t understand this word). Meanwhile I keep praying god to make some of her college friends to call her up. But sometimes check my ill fate these college kids discuss on the TV show and this goes like telephonic conference calls discussing the shown on TV.

The most famous thing that happens is when all four of us sit together on weekends. All of us fight, make reasons, steal, snatch and try consoling for the great device.

Oh amidst I forgot to say there is one more member who is common in these entire situations that is our house maid Giriyamma who is always there in the evening with our family. Be it Sports, Film, Serial, interior decoration, News, and let it be in any language even without moving Giriyamma is there sitting down watching the TV. I always think she must be doing some research on TV…

One day it so happened that after a big fight our Remote refused to work and none of us were ready to go and change the channel. So our TV for the first time after its entry to our home played a single channel for about 1 hr. we all without any complaints watched the same kannada movie with complete interest.

That day Giriyamma was so happy to see the complete movie and she got up and told us it was the best thing she ever saw in our home…
Poor chaps Ramya and Ranju were very sad on their bad fate where as Giriyamma was rejoicing this moment…

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice! Well written, happens in every family :)

Arun Yadwad said...

Good one Ramya!

Arun said...

Really it is Super.

Kabs said...

hi ramyakka! its kavya here! i really liked this piece of urs its superb!