Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ...
Its about learning to dance in the rain!!!
There are many things in life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart... Pursue those

This is my small effort to make you smile for a while...






Thursday, July 24, 2008

Different world…


Hey all, I am back to narrate you a little incident that happened today morning, as usually I was standing to board my cab, I was 10 mins early to stop. Reshu is one lady of 50yrs old who waits in the same stop. There is a very famous distillery for which she works. Amongst 10000 others her work is to wash the bottles and drain it.

In that 10 min wait everyday; this lady has become a good friend of mine. Though it’s a routine discussion we have, like did Subbu go before I come?, did we have breakfast and her advice to cross the road slowly we don’t speak anything new.

Today morning I was still in the thoughts of my work which is being too much from past few days, I was also nervous about my manager who always calls meeting only to appreciate our work but not to say anything about salary hike or better position. I just turned to Reshu who was smiling to me and just thought how would she feel about her job and salary I could just not control my excitement about this and I started to discuss about that with Reshu.

I asked reshu “ Ri Reshu, how is your work and wats your salary?”
Suddenly Reshu started laughing and said “Iyyo Ramyamma, wat to say about that, my work starts at 9 and we will have to keep standing till 1:30 in the afternoon for collecting bottles and keeping it aside after which is the Lunch break of half an hour and again stand till 5:30 in the evening till the Bell goes off, consider between this if supervisor notices us sitting for a while or talking for a long time then for sure we will get blasted or sometimes also beaten up. And about salary its 2500/- per month and even that we have not received it from past 2 months whoever went to question about this has not come to factory from the next day!”

Before she could complete her horror stories her factory bus came which was the most pathetic bus I ever saw. It was over crowded, no proper window panes and no proper seats. Just then Reshu boarded the cab and smiled at me asked me to cross the road carefully and left for the day, assuring me tat she will be continuing her story tomorrow when we meet.

But it was very much enough for me to understand that how different the world is. Even today people work in such conditions, Not that I don’t understand economic structure but the fact is humans are not treated with the respect they have to be treated with. Like this there may be so many people suffering because of their Superiors, Suffering with their spouse, suffering because of their children. Never have we all given any thought about this…

But with all these I saw Reshu was happy working and she came to board cab in any condition every morning. I have heard poverty teaches discipline and dedication, Hence it is proved now. Sitting in my sophisticated cubicle, sipping hot coffee and while writing this I still remember Reshu’s innocent smile which had lots of pain in it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

super story. Namma deshada 40 crore jana adakkina worst condition nalli idda.ninne talaguppakke hogiddi alli batte neyyuva maggadalli owner baita iddidda. "neenu heege raja madidre kelsadinda kittaktini" anta.avala sambala divsakke 20 rs mattu avalu raja madiddu tingaladalli ondu divsa.
Prapancha arta agtalle.
Good Blog. Keep it up

Ashok said...

Hey really you are great ramya go ahead .2/3 people of the country facing the same problem .really great.
Many people write the blog for their own stories and all but you are writing in a different way .
Good .Keep it up

Arun said...

In Todays world we are struggling for every penny and we have to make utilise of it in a good manner. so Nice about ur good thinking and hope lot of struggle will come we have to come accross the struggle, for every thing there is a great day hope good thing happens for good people.............

Jagali bhaagavata said...

Ramyamma,
Nice posts. You are willing to see the otherside of the spectrum and that makes a big difference. We tend to build walls around us and assume that the world is according to what we see within those walls. It is not easy putting ourselves in other's shoes. Keep writing.