Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ...
Its about learning to dance in the rain!!!
There are many things in life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart... Pursue those

This is my small effort to make you smile for a while...






Monday, June 13, 2011

Dream come true...

It was raining heavily; I was purposefully sitting near the window in my office cab to enjoy this climate and also to wait for someone, someone special. My heart was pounding 100 times faster as we approached his stop, I was wishing he gets into cab in the next stop. For my happiness he dint disappoint me and he got into cab today with his usual serious looks and a earphones tucked in his ears, I was only wishing atleast today he will notice me because I had carefully selected the dress neatly done my makeup and above all I was smiling for no reason. But no he just walked passed me and took some window seat and started gazing the rain. So this was the fifth day after I got to talk to him accidently and was impressed by him for no reasons. But only I was wishing and hoping for second chance and he never even realized that someone exists in the same cab who badly wants to talk to him…


Each day passed like this and one day I really got a chance, I happened to go for a community service from office and I boarded the cab only to see him and was all excited and to add to my excitement as blessing in disguise there was only seat beside him in that bus which was empty, my god I was on cloud nine to get this chance. Ofcourse I didn’t waste it ! I went and sat beside him he was still busy reading and listening to music, I made some reason and started talking to him. Thus started our days of friendship.. or rather for him friendship and for me I was looking for something more!

I cannot describe in words that much love I had for him, some say if only you have lost something you know the value of it. May be that was true, I never missed my cab, always was on time to meet him, talk to him till we reached office and then after office again board cab and continue our talking. Days went on happily but for me it was difficult I had to tell him how I felt about him. So I decided to do it this day…. A day very similar to the day I first time spoke to him. At around evening 7 after getting down from office cab I told him I want to talk to him as usual with a serious look and innocent smile he got down with me it was drizzling and since he knew I liked it he dint complain he walked with me and then asked me what I wanted to tell him. I was sweating even in the rain, I gathered all my courage and told very clearly that I was madly in love with him and I would like to continue our friendship to relationship. He Stopped where ever he was stared in my eyes with real serious look and was silent for a long time, I was hating that silence every second and thought he would speak something atleast some hope something …. Just then I heard a loud honk and he said

“Yes sure ok! I am ok with it…” I was really not understanding what was happening he patted on my cheek and told “dear wifey please don’t sleep in the car when we are driving to office I get so bored! And now I had got a call from office to postpone the meeting as we are stuck in this traffic for an hour!”

Only then I realized what his answer was…

12 comments:

Gautam said...

You seem to be gaining a penchant for the "twist in the tale"! Nice work!

ಅಶ್ವಿನಿ/ Ashwini said...

Nicely written. Liked it a lot.

Ramya said...

@Gautam
Thanks, yes I have likings for twist in the end :)

@Ashwini:
Welcome to Chittrana...
Thanks for visiting my blogspot and ur feedback... :)

Sahana Rao said...

You made me travel through my memories! In some parts of your story.. It was a walk through of the incidents in my life.
Good work Ramya.. :)

Ramya said...

@Spicy Sweet Friend:
:) Thanks, Happy that I was able to take you back to those sweet memories ..

Sujatha Sathya said...

That was nice!
Just wondering: any connection at all to real life?
In Femina, you’ve a section where short (really really short, just 3-4 paras max) stories are published.
When I read this piece I suddenly remembered that. Short story in one page. Good one!

šēţħũ said...

Exceedingly superb one..!! I need to take a tip or two in writing..!!!

Ramya said...

@Sujatha,
Is it :) I guess I should read it then, Thanks

@Sethu,
Thanks a lot, :) I am juts learning

Ranjana Bhat said...

Papa, this dream would be nightmare to my Bhava now ha ha :) Just kidding dear. May your love last long :)and I am sure it will never fade :)

hariprasad said...

Humm... as usual Ramya. Fine writing from you. Will have less words to prise you, but this time, it was really hard to pick the words to describe.

Kind of writing, one will definitely try get in to his/her past.

And nice comments by Ranjana.. wonder is she married? :D

Hari prasad

Ramya said...

@Ranju: I am finding ways to block you from commenting on my blog darling! :D

@Hari: ;) Forget Ranjana she is a nightmare to me too...
Thanks for your comments...

Aarthi said...

So this is how you two got hitched :). Wishing you both a fun filled life together!