Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ...
Its about learning to dance in the rain!!!
There are many things in life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart... Pursue those

This is my small effort to make you smile for a while...






Friday, September 21, 2012

Meet my ____ friend…


If you are Gentleman who is reading this post then it’s really helpful for you in understanding every darling female around you, like Sister\Mother\Fiancée\Female Friend\Wife and if you are Senorita who is reading this post then darlings I am very sure you will have tons to add to this post …
But lets start with a question!

State any difference between the following:-
 Good friend\Close Friend\ Best Friend \ Close Buddy
Men would answer as no difference all are same - friends!
But then we women folks have very significant difference for all of these! The adjectives or the prefix matters a lot when we introduce female friends. 

My ‘Prefix’ challenged Hubby’s confusion leads me to write this post. Recently we met a friend whom I introduced to my hubs saying that she is my close buddy from my engineering days! So after bidding bye he asked me some details about our friendship but then I had to tell him that she was not “thaaaat” close but she was just close buddy not my best friend types!(Men, forget it you cannot decode this line, Women sure ;) would have understood what I meant :D )
 My hubs was totally lost trying to understand the difference in the similar words (MEN!)  and so I am sure every men are challenged with such situations. Then I decided to help ‘Man’ Kind by putting this up in my blog!
So here is the glossary for understanding what exactly that “_____” \Adjective before the word “Friend” means

Good friend: One with whom we have spent a significant amount of time and have shared everyday details. Beyond that no connection, you would hardly wait to know what this friend is doing on weekend!  

Close friend: If you think first one and this should be same! Then *Blunder* no its not this has this formula Close Friend = Good Friend + once or twice has seen us cry for various reason so this friend type knows little bit of our dirty secrets :D. (Need to be bit careful while introducing to your fiancee… ;) )

Best Friend: No wait don’t jump into conclusion! its not same as 2, its different. This person’s formula is this - Best Friend = Close Friend + We know this person’s dirty secret as well … see now you know the difference :D. By which I mean it is perfectly safe to introduce this person to anyone because this friend comes with deal which is ‘You scratch my back and I scratch yours”.

Close Buddy: they are toooooo irritatingly dependent on us!!!  They also call us to ask personal advice also sometimes to sob over call and you feel like saint and extremely superior while you are advising them! And you often find their problems are super silly! Such people you don’t want to let them down by calling them just friends so these are termed as “Buddies” So that’s Close Buddy That’s it!

See how significantly different these are? Don’t you see the difference now?
And also there are other words like “Thaat” “Not So” “Very” “ok ok” adds lot of meaning, difference and flavors to degree of friendship!!! So now I have educated ‘Man’Kind!!! :D

P.S1: As I was drafting this post, My hubs just told me that he met my college friend on the way to office and she asked him how is her “Close Buddy” doing :( !!!! Seems like I learnt my lesson!

P.S2: if you think Ramya is too cold hearted!!! Nooooooooo not at all you are all my…friends ;) so this post is only intended to make you smile for a while! :D

29 comments:

Bikram said...

got it loud and clear :)

I am still trying to figure out where would i stand he he he he :)



Bikram's


Ramya said...

@Bikram: :D you are my B....log friend ;) rofl :D
kidding ya this is just another Ramya's satire post mocking myself

Found In Folsom said...

HAhahah....can't help laughing, Ramya....I totally understand all of the above and more...even I say, good friend, close friend, best friend....lol...

Uma said...

A lesson well-taught, Ramya :-)
The definition of the terms were bang on! :-)))

Ramya said...

@FIF: Hifive on same thoughts ;)

@UMA hahaha I know we citizens of Venus will definitely accept this :D

Ranjana Bhat said...

I can add many more as u said.. Chaddi Buddy etc... ;)

Raj said...

Awesome categorization of “Friends”. You should totally write a book about it. It would be a wonderful service to “Mankind”. Nice and cute little post. Loved it.

Kappu said...

Hey!!! Mine has the SAME confusion when I categorize my friends!! Best friend... !! mwhaha!! every other day I keep saying my bestie this my other bestie that and he goes one would have only one best friend right? (poor illeterate guy, me must ask him to read Ramyas post hehe!!)

Totally cool! I didnt find anything COLD :) :) so will others, I guess!

Do stop by my blog!! I'd love your visits & comments!

Ramya said...

@Ranjana: ;) explanation kooda kodu dear :D it will help in coming up with dictionary ;)

@Raj: see I already see a potential customer for my book ;) thanks thanks :D

@Kappu: Twch twch yeah pls ask him to read this and also give an exam to test his understanding ;) lol Thanks dear

Jenny said...

Ramyu, all along I was nodding my head throughout!!!!! This is so so true. Ofcourse men don't understand, since they just have on category 'friend'.

And please Ramyu, you cold hearted!!! No wayssssssssssssssss!!! You are the most kindest person I have met and the sweetest person. Not everybody is going to be your best buddy ofcourse. But you are very kind to everybody you know.and that's a BIG thing! Loved this post totally!

BTW: where do i Fall? :-P

BTW, look forward to my new post ;-)

Ramya said...

@Jen: Hurrayyyyy there is something i n your blog for me :D will surely drop in right away!!! actually u need not mention everytime I see new title in ur blog I jump into read!!!! :D

Hahahaha :D "Pen Friend" is what you call me :D and that so much dear to me;) and as I said these are only to make u smile for a while :D

Thanks a lot dear coming right away to perky hours :D

Rahul Bhatia said...

That was a nice categorization of friends Ramya! You are certainly very observant, and I must watch my words before I get branded into a category that I regret:)Nice post!!

Ramya said...

ROFL ;) next time closely listen to angels around you :D I mean ur wife, daughter and mom :D trust me u will appreciate this blog more ;)

:) Dont worry about being categorized ;) who cares we are all special in someways :D this post is just another satire :D

Bikram said...

glad to be a B.........Log friend :) thanks..

Bikram's

BGT said...

We MEN dearly needed that difference Ramya! :) Next time, I assure you, men will be more understanding than what they normally are in these topics :D

ra said...

i am from punjab and we in punjab after a round or two (drinks..i mean) .. start calling enemies as friends and best friends as brothers .. so its not bad to be in drunken state always :P

anyways, my first time here (got your blog url from jenny's blog) and definitely not the last...so are we b____log friends Ramya :P

btw, i could not locate the subscribe option for your posts..please help me find that!

regards
rahul

Ramya said...

@Bikram: ;) hi Five we are B...Log Friends :D, Hey :P I am doing this mistake again and agian I need to follow ur blog right away :D awesome posts there!

@Binu: yes yes this is specially for Men :D

Ramya said...

@Rahul Aggarwal: :D hey welcome to Chittrana :D happy to have you here :D hope my posts keeps u here for some time :D

LOL yeah seems like :D Punjab is different!!! :D because I have seen over a peg or 2 of Alchohol even closest of close friends start fighting here for very important issues like "Global Warming" lol :D So ;) forget calling Enemies as Best friend ;)

ROFL no doubt you are my "B....Log Friend" Now :D hahaha.

Thanks will check out for that option on my blog :D else dont worry I will drop into ur blog and keep bugging u to read mine ;) rofl trust me u wont ask for subscribe option any more :D

Thankssssss :D

Bikram said...

he he he No problem , take your time .. although Hurrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyy :) he he he he


Bikram's

Gopinath said...

Loved ur blog again. Creating of blog about anything is only ur cup of tea. Men are like that as they dont want to waste time in thinking and doing they just do it. Also they dont have so many shades in a life like ladies dooo....so we are best our way.

Ramya said...

@Gopi: happy that you liked the blog :D ;) yes everybody is special in their own way and you know wat if you closely observe or see through the layers I am praising Men ;)
Thanks for coming here!

šēţħũ said...

A Very Simple topic, put across in a fantastic way :-) Very Neat :-)

Ramya said...

@Sethu :D Thanks a lot buddy :D

Renu said...

Lol:)..its so true, as women we are micro .sensitive:)

Kappu said...

rums --- long time no see -- I guess you;re held up but if at all you're free, take up this tag :)

You are tagged here

Kappu said...

rums --- long time no see -- I guess you;re held up but if at all you're free, take up this tag :)

You are tagged here

Ramya said...

@Kappu: oh my god I am in debt to you dear! sure thanks a lot :D my next post will be for the tags and awards :D thanks a lot Kappu :D

Chatty Wren said...

Lol! loved the classification, made me laugh! Totally agree with it.

Chatty Wren said...

Lol! loved the classification, made me laugh! Totally agree with it.