Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass ...
Its about learning to dance in the rain!!!
There are many things in life that will catch your eye
but only a few will catch your heart... Pursue those

This is my small effort to make you smile for a while...






Monday, January 28, 2013

It conveys lot many things ;)


Would you believe me if I say emotions like Sense of accomplishment, Bitterness of failure, Love, Hatred, Happiness, Sadness, Compassion, Greed, Mockery and many many more, are all associated with one common expression? Hard isn’t it? Strange but true, you definitely not need umpteen different expression to show case all these totally irrelevant emotions,  all you need is to SMILE :D

Oh yeah, I have realized it after a lot of research on this topic in so many different locations J World is my lab, and have seen my subjects everywhere like in traffic jams, Office, home, shops, theaters, etc etc practically everywhere. So I am now presenting you my paper on this topic,

[I know you are now smiling, and let me tell you that’s Mockery :P which is encouraged at Chittrana :D ]
So my chosen location is Public toilet! Oh hello wait... ok ok I will be bit sophisticated and call them “Restroom” sounds cool?

 Gwaaaaad!!! this is one haven for smiles and laughter. All of us have visited Public restrooms, So the environment there is nothing new to all of us but have you seen the different smiles floating there? Come on take this smile vision glasses put them on J now head towards your gender specific Restrooms (Please note, I have clearly mentioned where to head to, don’t blame me later :D) and here you go…

Smiles - At Front line
Can you guess the most difficult pressure that you will have to handle other than the pressure on bladder at that very moment when you are the next one to get into the facility? It is Frontline pressure wandering what it is? Let me explain you, Just as the person ahead of you has entered the divine place and door is slammed on you exactly then this pressure starts building amongst the people behind you. They just want to push you in so badly and you will have to literally hold tight with feet firm on the ground else you will definitely break open the door and join the person inside and you can imagine the consequences!!!  So when this happened with me, I decided to turn back and stare at the person behind me and you know what I get in return a SMILE!!! Ah I asked for it and that person just smiles and turns towards the person behind her and then it continues and just like that entire queue smiles sheepishly… how many of you have seen this???

Smiles - A cheat code
Ok now I am about to enter the facility there comes this madam from the other longer queue smiling! As if this smile alone was not enough to scare me away there is some weird winking with her head making a motion which is drawing a Tilde in air… so Obviously this means please let me in now – ah a Smile for REQUESTING!!! Fine I step back and this madam continues to smile till she slams the door and I stand there again tolerating the Frontline + Bladder pressure, but why do I imagine her smile continuing even after the door is closed? Oh yes she should be really proud of the cheat code she used to get to next level! Huh!

Smiles - Sense of accomplishment
And here comes the greatest smile, I  just am waiting for that person to get out and show mercy on my bladder right then she comes out proudly and again Smiles very proudly don’t ever think this is smile of gratitude it’s just the smile to announce TASK ACCOMPLISHED!  Just then I receive a tap on my back and there is a smile which says will you go ahead or should I push you off the queue and poor me not wanting to get into all this, I rush towards the door and Right then comes the housekeeping at that very moment to lock the door hanging the board “Cleaning in Progress” but I actually hear nothing but a flush from inside!
Now I turn back and smile in regret… to see half the queue moved to join other queues making it even longer and the other half staring me very badly Ah I can understand their pressure, I mean frustration!
And all I can do now is to SMILE :D and end this paper!

Now you can take off the smile vision glasses if you will, but then keep it on world is beautiful when everybody is smiling :D and yes it conveys lot many things :D

But still keep smiling no matter what it conveys J 

25 comments:

Unknown said...

Good one Ramya :)

Unknown said...

Good one Ramya :)

Rahul Bhatia said...

Smiling :)

debajyoti said...

you get your dose of smiles in the restroom, eh? i haven't used a public convenience in a long time. damn, missing all the fun. enjoyed reading this one!! thanks for this hilarious post :D

Tarun Shetty said...

Nice read...I am smiling:)

Ramya said...

@Amit Mendon And Rahul sir: Thanks a lot :D keep smiling

@Deb: Arrey wah you followed me back thanks :D ;) why does your this http://factsandnonsense.com/best-and-the-most-popular-guest-blogger/ keeps haunting me :D LOL
Yeah pls go there you are missing lot of smiles ;)


Ramya said...

@Tarun: :) thanks I am happy that you are smiling :D

QA Engineer said...

'rest room' .. can't be a better sophisticated word than that :)
nice write-up and readers are bound to smile..whosoever. : )
Here you go!!.. one follower out of your 100 ..accepting the thesis.. "Thesis accepted and duly stamped with a Smile, of course : )"
Rest of the 99 make it fast ; )

btw.. Ohhh that cheat code!!.. happens all the time...and apart from the place you have mentioned.. another equally qualifying place is... when you are in a big queue to watch your favourite movie.. !!

Ramya said...

@QA Engineer: Ah is it lol :D I dont expect all my 99 others to comment but very happy that 1 out of them declared it accepted with such a beautiful stamp on it :D Thanks thanks :D

yeah That cheat code works everywhere :D hahha so have you used it anywhere???

Keep smiling thanks for your encouragement :)

QA Engineer said...

@Ramya - illa, haven't used it anywhere but I have seen it happen while I am on the queue..
and as you said it....SMILE is used in different ways in different contexts.. there is a variant of smile for every context (gratitude, excuses, helplessness, annoyed, heart-broken, caught-stupid)

Sri Valli said...

Haha! Good post!...*Smiles*

sibi said...

It is better to trust the smile! Who knows, whether that also will stop, if we start dissecting! Anyway, it makes us happy, even if it is deceptive!

Saru Singhal said...

Yeah, smile is a very tricky thing and god knows how to comprehend the smilies these days. It was fun reading your post. Yes, keep smiling :) :) :) (BTW, they meant happy smiles)

Ramya said...

@Sri Valli: Thanks a lot :) Happy to welcome you to chittrana

@Sibi: Hey Welcome to chittrana :D happy to see you here :) oh yes very true :D for the matter for fact better not research on anything enjoy as it is :D but what to do I love mocking!!!! :D

@Saru: Ah words of appreciation from you :D my day is made :D thanks a lot and yes I love that smile no matter what it conveys :D

Kappu said...

HEY how was the movie??? ;)

Do visit my post "vishw-aaropam"! Would love to see you by! *cheers*

BGT said...

Nice analysis of the washroom and the associated expressions Ramya! You forced me to think of this line I had read somewhere "How time flies depends on which side of the washroom you are on!"

Ramya said...

@Kappu: dear replied to you on ur blog's comment section :D


@Binu: wow thats a nice one :D had I known earlier I would have used it :D in this post :D
yeah emotions, smiles and happiness are all around :D u need to see it and grab it :D

shilpa said...

Hahaha..awesome one that! i can imagine this totally! i have been in this situation many a times and the cheat code has been applied on me too many a times :)

Santhoshkumar LM said...

hahaha:)

Thanks for giving us an idea how a ladies toilet would be ;)

no difference here as well!!

Superb way of finding the smiles in every place and also identifying the reasons behind them:)

Good:)

Prashanth said...

Superagide Ramya...was fully laughing...:D Linking Smile with the Restroom/Toilet thing was great. Smile is the God given unique gift to Humans. I have also written a blog post on Smile, do let me know what do you think...
http://pkperception.blogspot.in/2012/09/smile-your-way-to-life.html

If there is one thing bloggers never gonna miss is to Smile after reading your blogs...:) Btw, thanks for following my blog, hope you will have a great time reading my blogs...Cheers and God bless...:)

Neo Imaginations said...

Now this one is really really amazing to read. Writers are always alert mind and can turn anything magical by a pinch of creativity... Superb one

Ramya said...

@Prashanth: hahaha alva :D naanu smile bagge bardu nimna nagsidu nange kushi aythu :D

yeah am I right away reading your link now :) I am very happy and thanks that you find my blog as happiness boaster :)

Lets catch up frequent on blogs :D and share happiness :)

Ramya said...

@Neo: :) yeah actually everyone of us see new things :D some are story tellers like us and some just enjoy it :D so :) we are the first category :)

Thanks a lot happy that you like the blog and also I am very much happy that I have nominated me for an award :) I have received the same last week and soon will meet the rules :D just give me some time :D

Thanks a lot :) I really love these blog award it helps us come out of bloggers block :D

Prashanth said...

Thanks for reading and yes, will surely be checking out your happiness posts if I can say so...:)

Valay said...

Good one Ramya..